MARK CRAZY HORSE

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Week 4

This is the middle of week 4 and everything seems to be going well. I had a training day on Tue. and was reminded of some strategies to get the kids having fun while they learn. I am trying to find ways to make math more enjoyable and want to start reading to the kids, but time just seems to run out everyday. I have had some time to think and want to really jump in there and push myself to be the best teacher I can be and think outside of the box a lot more.
What happened this week that's interesting? A couple of the bouncy kids have moved to the front of the class and lets see how that works. I am going to try a couple different strategies while the kids are lining up tomorrow and we will see if that helps.
Something that tends to happen a lot after lunch is farting you would think that they would be embarrassed but they really aren't and thank goodness that the teacher has air freshener which is an essential after lunch and recess. One of the bouncy kids ask me for FSC chocolate all the time and says chooocolaaate when he walks out in the afternoons, I always ask him "What are you talking about?" and he doesn't respond. What else starburst are great at removing 5th graders teeth. At leastone every time we have them as a prize. Ok I am actually going to read for fun!! What's wrong with me talk at you soon.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 10, 2008 8:48:00 PM , Blogger Gabriella said...

From what I've seen, you are working hard and I know you are gonna be an awesome teacher, I think its great that you are trying to learn things...try things out that will be enjoyable learning for the bouncy kids!

 
At Thursday, September 11, 2008 11:05:00 PM , Blogger Chad Oneil Myers said...

I'm enjoying your stories, Mark. You make your job sound cool...which I hope it truly is for you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home