MARK CRAZY HORSE

Friday, September 19, 2008

Week ???? OH my gosh!

Another week is over and WOW what a week. I found myself very frustrated at the end of today. I don’t know exactly why, but I am. I am really having a hard time with the kids talking and acting up. So I am sure that is why I feel annoyed. I was so glad today was over, I am glad that it is the weekend, and that one of the other teacher came up with some ideas for Math next week. Today, I really had a hard time with the kids not talking out of turn and following directions. The kids were always asking me the same thing over and over and I got really tired of it. I also had several kids ask to go to the clinic and that was frustrating because what are you supposed to do let them sit there and throw up or send then to the nurse. So I sent two kids to the clinic for nausea and one for a sore ankle and then another for a headache. Yes, I know that is a lot. The clinic then sent a note back to me saying No more kids! So on Monday ain’t no body going. Other wise they are not getting recess anymore. It is usually the same kids but today it was also a couple others and two of them went home, so what are you supposed to do?
Anyways, I talked to my supervising teacher and I am going to email my supervising professor about what I can do to get more compliance out of the students. I am going to try using a mini party as an award for a week’s worth of good behavior. So that is going to be in the works and next week I plan on not having any group or buddy work and then maybe in a couple weeks we’ll try cooperative learning again.
What was the best thing that happened this week we had lunch in the park yesterday and it was fun to spend time with the kids even though we(the teachers) spent most of our time supervising the students. What else? The students are doing better in math now and some of the students are really stepping up and becoming leaders when I need them to be (other times they are a mess). The kids that are struggling are getting pulled out twice a week for help in math and reading, so that is great . The principal has also talked to several students about their grades, so hopefully things will turn around . I want a donut and I want to call in to work tomorrow, I think I am going to take a day off soon. So I don’t want to go crazy.
One last thing, there is also one student in the class that always corrects me if I say something wrong or give directions that are not completely right and that is so annoying!!!!!
I want to be able to enjoy my days with the kids.

4 Comments:

At Friday, September 19, 2008 4:37:00 PM , Blogger Gabriella said...

i'm sorry you week was yucky. sounds like the kids are getting on your nerves. i think a reward system is a good idea. i love you!

 
At Monday, September 29, 2008 6:05:00 PM , Blogger Michele @ crazyfordesign said...

I like how you are journaling your weeks. Sounds like you're getting better! Watch out kids!

 
At Wednesday, October 01, 2008 10:10:00 PM , Blogger Chad Oneil Myers said...

Wow, that's the longest post you have ever written in your whole blogging career! Very nice ;)

One thing about it, every day is an adventure!

 
At Thursday, October 02, 2008 10:01:00 PM , Blogger David Pentecost said...

Seems really challenging...In a small way I can understand your frustration from my "after school dare counselor" days. It's so frustrating to try to keep a whole group of kids in line, especially when it's some one else's systems. You'll do fine and I'm super proud of you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home